R.E. Walter Aquatic Centre
A safe, fun, family friendly facility that is open throughout the year. The R.E. Walter Memorial Aquatic Centre offers a full range of programming from Aquafit, to swim lessons, to Lifeguarding courses. Our Amenities include; a 25 meter 4 lane salt water pool, 10 person hot tub, vertical climbing wall, diving board and a public viewing area. Mens and Ladies change areas have private shower stalls and lockers for your personal belongings.
*lockers: Patrons are asked to bring their own lock to secure their belongings or locks can be rented at the front desk
The R.E.Walter Memorial Aquatic Centre is proud to be affiliated with the Lifesaving Society, Canada’s lifeguarding experts and the Red Cross. All of the lifeguards are trained and certified through the Lifesaving Society and hold themselves to this standard.
The Aquatic Centre offers Red Cross Lessons. Our swim instructors are trained and certified through the Red Cross, they teach and evaluate swimming strokes and related skills.
Swimming lessons are a great outlet to build confidence, pride and social skills.
Children registered in a level too advanced for their skills may be moved to the appropriate class, or withdraw/refunded. This ensures the quality and safety of the lessons.
Please note that if a swim lesson is missed by the swimmer, there is no makeup or credits for that class.
Monthly Swim Schedule
The Aquatic Centre will be open every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday beginning July 3rd.
We will be offering drop-in public swims, lane swims and private rentals.
In order to follow the suggested guidelines for pool openings we will be introducing a few changes. You can expect the following once the pool re-opens:
- Maximum number of patrons at the pool 25 – 30
- Limited locker availability (every 4th locker blocked off)
- Limited shower availability (patrons may have to wait until people have come on deck from the shower rooms, prior to proceeding from the front counter)
- Social distancing practiced throughout the facility
- Sanitizations schedules, that include complete facility cleaning in between swim slots (so only 5 hours open for swim activities for patrons in an 8 ½ day of scheduling)
- Lifeguards will be requesting that cohort families/groups social distance from other families and individuals in the pool.
- All patrons when entering the pool, will be asked for their address and phone number for COVID-19 tracing purposes.
- Each patron will be asked COVID-19 symptom related questions upon entry.
You can download the July Pool Schedule HERE.
- Climbing wall
- Diving Board
- Hot tub
- Instructional Pool
- Tot Area
- Viewing area
- Wheelchair accessible
- Swimming Lessons
- Leadership course (Bronze Med/Cross, NLS,WSI)
- Lane Swim
- Parent & Tot Swim
- Aqua Therapy
- Public swim
- Family Swim
- Toonie Swim (First Saturday of the month!)
*Family Swim Policy: All children must be accompanied by an Adult (18 and over) who must be in the water in swim attire. Children under the age of 8 must be actively supervised and within arms reach of the adult at all times.
*Public Swim Policy: children under the age of 8 must be accompanied by an adult (18 and over), who is actively supervising in the water within arms’ reach.
Planning a birthday party or private event? Our facility has designated rental times available on Saturday and Sunday’s. Please see current schedule for times.
After hour rentals are available for an additional fee and can be booked through the Aquatic Supervisor.
For more information or to book your even, please contact us at 780-926-3662
Aquatic Centre Fees
|Drop-in||10 Punch||3 Month||6 Month||Year|
|Infant 0 - 2||Free||Free||Free||Free||Free|
|Child 3 - 7||$1.75||$15.75||$56.88||$91.00||$136.50|
|Youth 8 -17||$3.25||$29.25||$105.63||$169.00||$253.50|
|Adult 18 - 59||$5.50||$49.50||$178.75||$286.00||$429.00|
|Family (5 Member with adult <2)||$11.00||$99.00||$357.50||$572.00||$858.00|
|Youth/Senior Aqua- Fit||$4.75||$42.75|
|Shadow Guard||Whenever available||Bronze Cross|
|Shadow Instructor||Whenever available||Age 14|