Tourism Enhancement Grant
The Tourism Enhancement Grant is organized and funded through a partnership between the Town of High Level and the Partners in Tourism. The grant was developed to increase the amount of visitors to High Level by providing financial support for non-profit organizations that want to host events in High Level.The objective of the Tourism Enhancement Grant is to increase visitors and overnight stays in High Level, provide financial support to non-profit groups as they plan events, and advance the goals of the High Level Tourism Strategy; these are done through utilizing the tourism improvement fund, which is funded by the Partners in Tourism.
The Tourism Enhancement Grant funding is approved on a point basis, with larger and longer events receiving more funding.
- Reoccurring events are eligible for up to $5,000 funding
- First time events are eligible for up to $5,000 dollars, with additional funding available in special circumstances, such as setting up a new program.
Past events that have received funding through the Tourism Enhancement Grant include:
- Northstar Chrysler Annual Car Show - Received $500
- Bear Necessities Aurora Con - Received $3000
- Mackenzie Regional Golf Tournament - Received $1000
- All-night Scrapbooks - Received $2000
Annual Application Deadlines
- Jan. 31
- April 30
- July 15
- Oct. 15
- Non-profits local to High Level.
- For-profit organizations
- Non-profit organizations not local to High Level
- Local events: Tourism events that involve participants who live within 150-kilometre driving distance of High Level
- Regional events: Tourism events that draw at least 25% of their participants from outside the local area but within 400 km driving distance of High Level
- Inter-provincial events: Tourism events that draw at least 25% of their participants from Provinces/Territories outside of the Alberta and the Region.
How to Apply
Step 1. Read the Policy to Ensure you Qualify.
Step 2. Fill out the Application
Step 3. Submit the Application
Applications can be emailed (preferred) or mailed to the Town of High Level:
ATTENTION: Director of Community Services
High Level AB, T0H 1Z0
After the Event:
Once the event has taken place, any organization that receives funding is required to submit a post-event report that summarizes their event and how the funds were utilized. This report is to be submitted within 60 day of the event taking place, and must be submitted to the Town using the same address as the submission method.