AAIP-RRS Candidate Information
The Town of High Level can only review applications for Endorsement Letters after a Candidate receives a job offer from an Employer who is approved by the Town.
Prospective Candidates should not contact the Town of High Level directly with resumes, job applications, any inquiries regarding moving to High Level, or information regarding job vacancies on High Level’s Job Board. Please contact the Employer directly.
To be eligible for the Rural Renewal Stream and work in the community of High Level, Candidates must meet a series of criteria, receive an offer of full-time, permanent employment from an eligible Employer approved by the Town, receive an Endorsed Letter from the Town of High Level, and apply using the Alberta Advantage Immigration Program – Rural Renewal Stream Portal.
Prior to applying for an employment opportunity, Candidates are strongly encouraged to review, understand, and ensure they meet all eligibility requirements under the Alberta Advantage Immigration Program – Rural Renewal Stream.
There are requirements for the following:
- Work Experience
- Financial Security
Candidates are responsible for ensuring they meet the eligibility of the Alberta Advantage Immigration Program – Rural Renewal Stream. Please review the terms and conditions for the Rural Renewal Stream before applying for job vacancies. Submission of an application or nomination by the Alberta Advantage Immigration Program does not guarantee you will receive Permanent Residence status.
Those who do not meet the eligibility will not progress through the program. Candidates that are currently living in Canada are only eligible if they have valid temporary status in Canada.
Once a Candidate has confirmed they meet all the eligibility requirements, they may apply for employment. Candidates must receive an offer of employment from an Employer located within the municipal limits of High Level and have been approved by the Town under High Level’s Rural Renewal Stream Program.
Please visit the Job Board to review job vacancies with approved Employers in High Level. The Town of High Level can only review applications for Endorsement Letters after a Candidate receives a job offer from an Employer who is approved by the Town.
Endorsement Letter Fees
The Town of High Level charges $1,250.00 per Candidate Endorsement Letter. Employers are responsible for paying this fee to the Town and shall not ask the Endorsed Candidate to reimburse them for this fee.
After the Offer of Employment
- Once a Candidate receives a valid offer of employment, your Employer will present the job offer to the Town of High Level for Candidate endorsement. The Town will review the job offer and prioritize Candidates for endorsement who are most likely to successfully settle and remain residing within High Level.
- Endorsement Letters are issued by the Town directly to the Endorsed Candidate.
- Upon receiving an Endorsement Letter from the Town of High Level, Candidates must submit their application through the Alberta Advantage Immigration Program – Rural Renewal Stream Portal. There is a non-refundable fee for this application process. The Town of High Level encourages all prospective Candidates to review the information on How to Apply to the Government of Alberta.
- The application will be reviewed, and the Candidate will be notified by the Government of Alberta if they are eligible for nomination. When your application is submitted and while the Government of Alberta assess your application, you must intend to and be able to work, reside, and settle in High Level.
Moving to High Level
- Once a Candidate is endorsed by the Town, the Town of High Level shall notify the Grande Prairie Centre for Newcomers and the Endorsed Candidate shall contact the Centre immediately to commence the virtual Welcome and Orientation Programming delivered by the Grande Prairie Centre for Newcomers.
- Prior to an Endorsed Candidate arriving in High Level, the Employer is responsible for covering the costs and arranging safe transportation for Endorsed Candidates to the Grande Prairie Centre for Newcomers in Grande Prairie for in-person Welcome and Orientation Programming, and then to High Level.
Please note: Endorsed Candidates who reside in Canada with valid temporary status may not require the Welcome and Orientation Programming from the Grande Prairie Centre for Newcomers, particularly if they have been working in Canada on a Work Permit. Endorsed Candidates can advise Employers whether this step is required.
- Prior to an Endorsed Candidate arriving in High Level, the Town shall arrange a mandatory in-person Newcomer Welcome meeting with the Town at the Town of High Level Office. Endorsed Candidates must participate in this meeting within the first 2 weeks of arriving in High Level. The purpose of this meeting is to welcome all Endorsed Candidates to High Level, to provide useful information to newcomers regarding community orientation and settlement, to ensure Employers are actively participating in the Endorsed Candidate’s transition into the community, including providing assistance to secure safe, suitable and affordable housing, transportation to their place of employment, and Endorsed Candidates feel part of a safe and welcoming workplace environment.
- The Town shall meet with all Endorsed Candidates who have been working and living in High Level at three intervals, including:
- 6 weeks
- 6 months, and
- 12 months.
The purpose of these meetings is to ensure newcomers are receiving any commitments that were made to them by their Employer, the Town of High Level, and the Grande Centre for Newcomers. The Town shall follow up with the respective parties if their commitments have not been realized and evaluate whether these commitments are still required or whether commitments can be tweaked to ensure completion.
- As part of the interval meetings with newcomers, the Town will request feedback from Endorsed Candidates on the successes and challenges of their experience progressing through the Town’s Rural Renewal Program. This feedback will help the Town to tweak the program where required to improve the experience for future Endorsed Candidates.