Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
Statement from Atco Electric Re: Electrical Service May 21, 2019 @8:00 PM
1. Unfortunately, the ongoing wildfires in the High Level and Mackenzie County area have affected electric transmission lines servicing the High Level and Le Crete communities.
2. This fire continues to provide a threat to critical electrical infrastructure.
3. We currently have a crew of close to 50 ATCO employees and contractors working safely and diligently to replace damaged structures, wherever we can do so safely.
4. Our priority is to restore service to our customers as quickly and safely as possible.
5. We are going to attempt to restore power with an interim solution later this evening, however any restoration of power may be intermittent due to the volatile fire conditions.
6. For those communities under voluntary evacuation, please use this opportunity to refuel your vehicles.
7. We are also in the process of securing large-scale back up generation which will be available Friday at the earliest.
8. We are working closely with the Town of High Level, Mackenzie County and emergency response teams to coordinate our efforts within the community.
9. Above all, the health and safety of our employees, our customers and the community remains our top priority. Please continue to look after yourselves and each other as we work to restore reliable service to the affected areas.